26th Jan.. I flew to the Kimchi land. Welcome to Seoul, South Korea.
A place very much missed. My 2nd "homeland". Nearly became a KSS becos of the number of times I flew there when I was still under probation. 7 times in 6 months?? No joke. Way back when I was there for holiday with my dearest sec sch vb teammies, the place hasnt changed the slightest bit. Itaewon is still Itaewon. Flash back of fond memories still last in my mind.
I always had an enjoyable time working with the KSS. But this time round, they got the nerves out of me. Not only do they not do their work well, but also damn chatty and noisy. If someone like me who has so much patience in work gotta tell you off, dan there must be really something wrong with you. Though I brought my cargo bag, I forgotten to bring my scarf and gloves. Aint I a kuku??
This trip Im on mission to help alot of friends and relatives to buy alot of things. Cargo bag is full of nothing but their stuffs. After my bibimbap lunch, went down to Myong Dong, the cosmetics world and fashion street, to get
(wat else but cosmetics). All the big brands of Korean cosmetics, The Face Shop, Missha, Etude, Do-Do Club, etc, could be found over there. Of cos, as compared to Spore, the price is relatively cheaper too. Oh, was so excited when I saw Krispy Kreme doughnuts!! You dont know wats real doughnuts till you try this. Cant resist buying a box for my classmates, who helped me took down notes and print notes for me when I was absence.
Under the cold, cruel -2 degrees celcius windy weather, 2 other FSS and me tried to be heroines. We tried to walk from Myong Dong to Lotto Mart. On the map, it seems very near that its within walking distance. However, becos of language barrier, we lost our way and ended up taking taxi after walking in the cold for 30 minutes. I was sniffing and whizzing throughout the journey. Tell me how not to get sick again?? Finally, we managed to get to our destination, Lotte Mart, where we did more grocery shopping. Went back hotel to put our stuff before we headed to Itaewon. By the time we reached, Laneige and the Mamasan bag shops were already closed. What a waste of my time!!
Checklist of MUST-BUY items for my relatives and friends:
Sandy - 10 pcs of SkinFood's Honey & Royal Jelly sheet masks, 1 Mamasan bag (not avail..)
Da Jie - 1 bottle of Laneige's Pore Tighten Essence, 2 boxes of ginger tea
Aunt Jenny - Ginseng candies, Kimchi
Aunt Sally - top Korean cosmetic brand Sul Wha Soo products, which cost US400 dollars (Gosh!)
Daddy - Korean seaweed, white grape candies
Mummy - biscuits, korean junkies
Myself -
NONE!!On my return sector, I was asked to work in First Class as a FSS. Becos of the change of aircraft configuration, I was given the honour to work in that galley. FIRST CLASS leh!! Only ranking crew could work there, but I was given the chance and opportunity to learn. Flew a couple of LS n CSS before, and they put in good words for me, saying that Im competence enough to handle FC. Man, it felt so good that someone recognised your work and appreciated what you had done.
Gosh, I was simply exhilarated!!